"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Monday, December 7, 2009

DAL trial

Yes I drove to Edmonton on Friday. When I left Olds at 9 am I got on the #2 and got as far as Bowden and turned off and went for coffee at a friends. I was debating to wait till early Saturday morning ( 4 am ). Glad I did not.
I phoned friends in Red Deer to see if they were still going. They were. We met up in Red Deer at noon.
To get to Red Deer I drove the 2A. It was a very good choice. the hiway was snow covered , hardly any traffic and visibility was good.
Trip to Edmonton was twice as long as usuall as we drove mostly at 80kms. Sometimes slower.
Mostly both lanes were clear of snow, slippery sections, visibility was still good.
The wind however was really pushing on the van.
The big 4x4 trucks blasted past us and shortly ended up in the ditch. My little van and I tootled along and made it without any scary incidents.
At the trial boys did fairly well, not alot of Q's , lots of learning stuff, especially with Luc. I really, really have to pay attention "all the time" where on the course he needs the collection cues...will someone hit me on the side of the head to remind me?!!!
Standard and jumpers were the NQ's, gamblers on the other hand were unbelievable...
Luc was in his first Advance gamblers, under Christina, there was 2 mini gambles, one worth 14 pts with 12 weaves and a tunnel and the other was 12 pts with 3 jumps which included the 4 pointer. He got both those twice which left us at 52. Then we did the wall twice, teeter some other jumps and tunnels.then I was left standing wondering where to go next as I ran out of obstacles to do.Christina laughed, she knew exactly why I stood there. Finally the whistle blew and he blasted the main gamble and got it!!! When the dust had settled he ended up with 130 POINTS!!! Now that blew my mind. I have gotten just over a 100 with Cavall once or twice , but this? What a start to the weekend!
His second advance gamblers he earned 84 points. one more advance and he is in Masters.
What a dog!

2 comments:

Joanne M said...

I'm telling you Lynda - Luc is one incredible dog!!! You are going to have such fun with him!!!! Awesome!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

Wow Lynda, tha must be a great feeling. Glad you are home safe and sound!