"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Thursday, October 30, 2008

NADAC Trial Oct. 25 & 26

Hot Diggity Dogs NADAC trial was a blast as usual.

Cavall did really well and as long as I am on my game he rocks!
I believe Cavall had the 2nd fastest time, 19.3 seconds, in Elite jumpers on Sunday. A border collie was faster by less then a second and Cavall jumps 20" and the border jumps 16" and Cavall weighs almost 60 lbs and the border is around 35-40 lbs, He covered 6.5 yds per second. Not bad for a big dog!
He also had some outstanding regular runs ,covering 5.6 yds per second.
His tunnelers run was done in 17.2 seconds, covering 7.5 yds per second.

I did take Cavall in for blood tests on his thyroid and he was below normal again. We increased his meds and I have my dog back!

Possibly going to try my new Kelpie puppy on sheep next week! Can hardly wait. Will probably see a different dog out there then when we are training for agility. He is 7 months old next week.

2 comments:

Papillon Penny said...

Hey - take your camera when you try Luc on the sheep! We need pictures! And congrats on the great runs - what a speed demon!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

the slideshow I have on my blog is from my flickr account, so when i upload photos to that, they rotate on the side.

can't wait to hear how Luc does on the sheep, YES lots of photos!!!

Keep me posted about outreach, the 29th we are herding at Scott and Jenny's maybe you could come down for that :)