"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Trial this weekend , Yahoo!

Finally preparations for regionals and nationals have begun.
My goal this year is to qualify 2 dogs for nationals. I am going to make sure I enjoy the journey getting there.I love training my dogs, just plain doing stuff with them. Hanging out with dog people is wonderful, they are so kind and grateful for having their dogs in their lives that is comes out in how they treat their fellow humans. Dogs seem to have that affect on us.

Luc has not been in a full trial yet, looking towards March, see how he handles the pressure. I will back off a little on Cavall to get Luc ready for the upcoming season.

I had them both in a Steeplechase , both qed, Cavall was faster, he is a more efficient jumper then Luc. They were only a .2 difference. Luc is an extender, Cavall is very good at tight lines.
Will be working on more jump grids with Luc to help him with his body awareness. He does love to fly!!!
Everyone this weekend, remember all collars off: RUN NAKED, RUN CLEAN RUN FOR THE SHEER JOY!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND LYNDA!