"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Sunday, October 4, 2009

long time coming!!! continued...

2 days back from nationals I was off to a Dr. Jean Dodds seminar. Wow! very informative. Damn vaccinations!!! Cavall's eyes flared up the first time was 2 weeks after shots. He was diagnosed with pannus. 1 year later low thyhorid.
Needless to say no more shots, titers only.

I got Luc's titers done also. He had recieved 1 set of shots at 8 weeks and then another at about 16 weeks. This was distemper and parvo. He was 16 months old when we did the titers and his immune levels are very high and she said we should not have to retest for another 3 years. Luc will be 4 yrs old then!!!!
also had his titers tested for Rabies. He had one shot at 5 months of age. levels are excellent.
Dr. Dodds also suggested for puppies that they have the shots split and the amount they get should be done by their weight. should be distemper wait 2 weeks then the parvo.
no 3, 4 or 5 ways. If they have a reaction how will you know what too?
The immune diseases that over vaccinating cause is horrendous.

No comments: