"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tracking Seminar with Donna Brinkworth of Spiritdance





Last weekend I hosted a Beginners CKC tracking seminar. Once again, I learned a lot, about how important foundation training is.
The breaking down of the little pieces of each component and then putting it all together once the behaviors are strong individually.
I am excited about tracking with Cavall, as his agility career may be over. His injuries may be too chronic.
Donna was very thorough in breaking down the pieces on how to start out with your dog.
She covered how the different levels would work, the levels from TD to TDX and Urban tracking.
there was how to do your scent pad lay a track, do your journal, what to except at a TD competition. She had us drawing maps and how to look for land marks.
She always stressed keep the joy in it for you and your dog. It was a great informative seminar and look forward to doing more tracking with her.
Thanks Donna!

3 comments:

Donna Brinkworth said...

Thank YOU Lynda for creating the opportunity for me and so many others to get together on the weekend! The dogs and people were all wonderful. Cavall did a fantastic job on his urban track, too! Your teamwork with him is so obvious and will shine through in tracking.

Sarah said...

awesome Lynda!!!! Calvall looks like he is on the right track ... har har, how is that for a bad pun :)

Phantom Ridge Border Collies said...

To bad about Cavall and agility. Maybe you need a new challenge. Like a one eyed pirate. hint hint nudge nudge.