"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stuff

off to see the chiropractor today with Luc,just his pre competition check up.
Cavall is going in again next week, he is finally using his rear legs to push off to go up stairs. Still not sure if I like what I see when jumping low jumps.
Doing jump grids with him, to give him his balance and rhythm back. hopefully to help him build up the strength in his back and rear.
Mister Luc, is testing the waters for start line behavior, which is fine, we will get it back to being solid. He gets so intense at the start line he is not aware he is lifting his rear up , ready to push off. Usually all I have to do is look at him with the "I do not think so " look and he goes, "oh so sorry I got ahead of myself"

He is such a great dog , and I better remember to stay very consistent with him.
I am so looking forward to regionals with him, it will be a blast and so many agility buddies will be there!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm excited to see you and Luc at Regionals, I hope Cavall is on the mend too :)

see you soon

Lynda said...

soon Sarah,
can hardly wait, so exciting

Donna Brinkworth said...

Hey Lynda, I need that chiropractor's name for my old girl! Its so great to start making all these contacts here now, starting to feel like home for me. I love keeping up with your blog. Thanks!