"Building The Team"

I love to train my dogs and I love to teach people to train their dogs. I hope my students find as much joy being with their dogs as I find in being with mine!

"Before you teach skills & fundamentals, make people feel good about their abilities. Make them believe they can perform." Rick Pitino

Monday, June 28, 2010

Nationals 2010 Spruce Meadows Calgary Alberta , here We Come!!!

Coolhand Luc is going to Nationals! My goal for Luc was to get to the 500 pt mark, we did it! We earned 517.05 points. We had fantastic runs and one standard with 30 faults (ouch) The rest were great. each jumpers were 5 faults, (handler errors). We got our other standard with 123.92 pts, gamble points in the first one were a bit low, 80.61, our second gamble was 102.52 points. Steeplechase on Friday was an incredible ride! Luc was 1st and qualified in both runs. I beleive he had the fastest time overall. I did not get any video of these 2 runs. I forgot to write down his stats, but I do remember that the runs were each 29 seconds and something. We had a clinic with Kathy Keats this weekend and we have our homework to work on for nationals. It was a great time , with a great instructor. Very informative.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY for Luc! you had some awesome runs Lynda, can't wait to see him at Spruce Meadows!!

Donna Brinkworth said...

Wow Lynda, I got choked up watching that! Phenomenal!!! I will try to come watch you in Spruce Meadows. Is that on August long weekend with the show?

Lynda said...

nationals are Aug 6-8